30 October 2019
WORK WITH US – SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT MANAGER
Pelikin is travel card built to help young people to epic things overseas. We’re more than just your average travel card, what we’re building is the first ever all-in-one travel and money product that not only helps young people achieve their travel goals but helps them save time and money while they’re abroad. We’re about to enter an exciting growth phase as we challenge the status quo of the travel card market, first in Australia and then beyond.
We’re a small team of 7 based in the heart of Melbourne CBD. We’re young, fun and are obsessed with travel, technology and just building really good products.
We are looking for Content Creator and Social Media Marketing Manager to own all of our social media and content marketing efforts.
If you are self-motivated, and love to use your initiative and creativity to problem solve then this role is for you!
Your responsibilities include producing marketing copy to advertise our products, writing social media and blog posts about related topics and promoting our brands.
You will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online and offline information about our company and products.
Things you’ll do:
- Monitor and manage our social channels.
- Create the bulk of our social media content – that means copywriting, photography, videography and sourcing content from our data and our users.
- Play a vital role in the creation and execution of our social media strategy.
- Implement both paid and organic strategies inline with marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain content calendars and creative production schedules based on product campaigns and seasonal campaigns and international events.
- Identify and build blogger/influencer relationships for the brand.
- Stay on top of global events and trends relating to all things travel.
- Bring ideas for content and campaigns to the table that will help us grow our brand.
- Use your basic skills of Adobe Photoshop and illustrator to create content for all social channels.
- Work with our Head of Design to ensure everything we do is of the highest brand quality.
- Contribute to team brainstorms and idea generation for content, brand initiatives and campaigns.
- Growing our social media presence (i.e. maximising number of followers, likes, comments and/or shares).
- Regular reporting on campaigns, budgets, and other relevant analysis in-line with our performance.
- Arranging and participating in team events and user functions.
Nice to Have:
- You’re all over the latest tools, ad products, and algorithms.
- You have a sales and marketing mindset always benchmarking the newest strategies to implement.
- You actively keep across trends, news, and innovations, to share with the team.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (basic skills are ok).
- Passion for social media and travelling the world!
- Willingness to go get shit done when needed.
- This is a causal role up to 24 hours (or 3 days per week) per week. The ideal candidate will roll into a full time roll early-mid 2020 after we’ve achieved some epic results together.
Step 1: Apply – tell us your story (a travel story too if you’ve got one!) and a CV would be useful too.
Step 2: We’ll move fast, you’ll hear from us within 48 hours but will consider a full-time role for the right candidate. If you have the right experience we’ll set up a time to meet face-to-face.
Keen to get involved?
Shoot your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and lets chat!